Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Rain, Rain, And More Rain!

2 steps forward, 1 step back......seems that is the theme when it applies to my progress with Maggie's Garden including this blog. But, looking at the glass half full, I am progressing. Just not at my speed!

The rain, the source of all good things, is in abundance this Winter. So I am trying not to complain, but....we have 120% of "average" for this year, March usually only gives us a storm or two, and yet everyday for the last two weeks and looking ahead two weeks, calls for rain, lots of it. Ok, I am complaining. I am tired of mucking around in the mud to feed Dusty and the chickens. I am tired of planning to plant only to postpone due to rain or too wet soil........I just have to remember that in a couple of months I will be complaining about the dry, hard soil and the heat.....

The good news. The greenhouse has provided me with warmth and dry conditions to start seedlings, lots of them, and to protect my existing plants from the frost which will not go away for a month or longer.It is amazing how warm it is in the greenhouse, even when it is cold and rainy outside. Everyday, I go into the greenhouse to peek at the seedlings in their trays. They are popping up so fast! It is so exciting to see them growing bigger by the day. I have to water almost daily in the greenhouse now.

Since I have not posted to my blog in awhile, I will soon post some pictures and stories about what has happened since the end of January at Maggie's Garden. Stay tuned for some funny stories, it never is boring around here with a dog, a horse, and 65 chickens providing entertainment while I am waiting for the sun to peek through the rain clouds.


In the meantime, here are some pictures of Emma and I  enjoying the veggie garden a couple of years ago.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Maggie's Garden | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs