Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Girls

The wet weather has not dampened the girls spirit and dedication to their job, laying eggs! As if on cue, March 1st started the explosion of egg production. It has been interesting to find the eggs and check out all the different sizes and colors. As of today, I am up to 3 dozen a day! Yikes! I said I wanted eggs, well, I got em!

Previously, I have been able to sell all my eggs just by word of mouth.These eggs sell themselves, once someone tastes one of these eggs with their rich flavor, they never want to buy the grocery store eggs. Now I am going to have to do a little marketing. In the meantime, I am looking for a good used refrigerator to house all these eggs so that I can have room in our refrigerator.



They come in all different hues of brown, green, and blue. They are beautiful! No dye is needed, just stamp or paint flowers, stripes, polka dots, stars, etc on these eggs and you are ready for the Easter bunny.

These are pictures of some of the girls. They too come in all different colors and sizes also. They are very pretty and each one of them has their very own distinct personality.







Update: Almost 2 inches of rain today!

2 comments:

Kara said...

I have a great picture of a little girl helping collect eggs!

earlysnowdrop said...

Those eggs are like a work of art. So beautiful.

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Maggie's Garden | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs