Pages

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Summer's End

I walk around my garden this time of year looking at the last gasp of summer blooms and bounty. It is a sign of fall and of the approaching winter. During these walks I write down plants that I loved and will definately plant again next season.

 Like my Dahlias. Only next time, I will plant them farther apart. I planted them closer than usual this past spring to save room. What I gave up was giving each plant room to grow, to stand alone in all it's beauty, to have air circulation, and being so close together that it made cutting  for my bouquets much more difficult than it should have been.


But even with that mistake, I harvested some beautiful bouquets for my customers and of course, for me. Take a look......






During these walks I also decided to not plant some plants next year.  While they are very pretty and I still love them, my Cosmos did not sell as well as I had hoped they would. So we will give the Cosmos a break for a year.






I also planted way too many Sunflower plants!! They were wonderful and the birds loved them but they took up alot of room. So I will plant them in other, new areas.






I try to remember what worked and what did not work in the garden but I forget so I take alot of pictures and journal about my garden. It really helps plan for next year and saves so much time in the spring when it gets really hectic here!
So I will leave you with a few more pictures of my garden and where the plants are reminding me that winter is almost here. Enjoy!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Maggie's Garden | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs