Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

Dusty

Well, I was going to title my next blog.... " And then it was 83 " because we had rainy cold weather and then BAM! it was 83 degrees and beautiful.....but I will continue with that subject in another post after I share something very important to me.

Dusty, my sweet horse died Wednesday. I am heartbroken to say the least. She was my "cowgirl pardner" , confidant, best friend besides my husband. She taught me to try new things outside my comfort zone, to take chances, to relax and just be in the moment. When we went for a trail ride, she always had to be up front, move out fast. I had to keep my mind in the moment, to always listen, and just enjoy her and the surroundings.
I was blessed to have her at home instead of boarding her. With that came responsibility, twice a day, no matter what, I had to go out there to feed her. I was ALWAYS rewarded with a loud whinny telling me she was glad to see me and hurry up with the feed.
She loved me. She always wanted to be as close as she could get to me, to lower her head to my chest, to follow me around in the pasture, she would even leave her food to follow me and give me her "hug" on my chest. It has become unbearable to go out back and look at a empty paddock and pasture.
I miss her terribly. I swore I heard her whinny today when I ventured out to water.


I know time will heal me but I will always miss my Dusty. Thank you for being my friend and loving me so much. You were the best pony a girl could ever want.

1 comments:

Meghan said...

Daisy, I am so very sorry about the loss of Dusty. I know what you are going through. I had to put my Pete down after battling colic for a week right before my wedding. It was gut wrenching and took me a long time to heal from it. I never wanted another horse after him, there could never be another Pete and I feared ever having it happen again. Even now as I write this I have tears in my eyes thinking back to the day I lost him. Time has healed and though it has been a long time I hope to have another some day. Again Daisy, I am so so sorry for you, I am sure she was a very special girl indeed. She was beautiful! ((hugs))

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Maggie's Garden | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs