Pages

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Time Is Flying!!!

Bad Blogger I am! Started to blog then disappeared....Been very busy around the place and getting ready for Christmas.
The big news is that the greenhouse is built! I am so excited, I rushed to put all my potted plants in there since we have been having day after day of hard frost, I'm talking 25 to 28 degrees. Now I know that in alot areas of the USA that is the high temp. for the day but in balmy Northern California that is a hard frost! We typically get a day or two now and again but the last 2 weeks have been very cold. Anyway, good timing on the green house! I will post pictures of our new green house soon.
Planted lots of Peonies this last week, first try with those. Expanding my inventory of cut flower plants for this spring.
Exciting news! Found a woman who is chucking the California dream and moving back to her home state of Virginia and wanted to find a good home for her chickens. She "interviewed" me and looked a pictures of my flock and coop/pasture. She was very happy about where her girls would be living and gave me a great deal on her 43 chickens, yes, 43 more.........

1 comments:

Kara said...

Holy crap! That's a lot of chickens! Eva will need to come help collect eggs again.

Post a Comment

 
Content Copyright Maggie's Garden | Design Copyright Poppiness Designs